Applicants must register for QMHP-A status through the Virginia Board of Counseling prior to starting employment with Support Systems.
Our various office locations: Roanoke/Vinton, Lynchburg, Rocky Mount, Danville and New River Valley.
"Qualified Mental Health Professional-Adult (QMHP-A)" means a person in the human services field who is trained and experienced in providing psychiatric or mental health services to individuals who have a mental illness; including: licensed in Virginia;
- a doctor of medicine or osteopathy;
- a doctor of medicine or osteopathy, specializing in psychiatry and licensed in Virginia;
- an individual with a master's degree in psychology from an accredited college or university with at least one year of clinical experience;
- a social worker: an individual with at least a bachelor's degree in human services or related field (social work,psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation, sociology, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, human services counseling or other degree deemed equivalent to those described) from an accredited college and with at least one year of clinical experience providing direct services to individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness;
- a person with at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in an unrelated field that includes at least 15 semester credits (or equivalent) in a human services field and who has at least three years of clinical experience;
- a Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Provider (CPRP) registered with the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (USPRA);
- a registered nurse licensed in Virginia with at least one year of clinical experience; or
- any other licensed mental health professional.
"Qualified Paraprofessional in Mental Health (QPPMH)" means a person who must, at a minimum, meet one of the following criteria:
- registered with the United States Psychiatric Association (USPRA) as an Associate Psychiatric Rehabilitation Provider (APRP);
- has an associate's degree in a related field (social work, psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation, sociology, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, human services counseling) and at least one year of experience providing direct services to individuals with a diagnosis of mental illness; or
- has a minimum of 90 hours classroom training and 12 weeks of experience under the direct personal supervision of a QMHP-Adult providing services to individuals with mental illness and at least one year of experience (including the 12 weeks of supervised experience).
The Qualified Mental Health Professional position will consist of providing crisis treatment, individual and family counseling and interventions; life, parenting, and communication skills; case management activities and coordination with other services; and emergency response to children, adolescents, and families in at risk situations. The Qualified Mental Health Professional be supervised by, and report to the Clinical Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, and implement goal oriented, therapeutic services for individuals dealing with significant functional limitations.
- Coordination of activities and strategies to support assisting with ADL's with the clients.
- Monitoring of implementation of Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Develop weekly reports that describe progress towards goals.
- QMHP workers inform & assist, arrange for the recipient to access, and receive benefits and services within the community as well as monitor the provision of those services.
- QMHP must receive clinical supervision monthly, with individual face to face supervision occurring at least once a month. Group supervision may occur on the other weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high emotion environment.
- Database management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals within a diverse community.
- Ability to provide appropriate supervision for Qualified Paraprofessionals of Mental Health.
- Working knowledge of mental health illnesses, and appropriate methods of therapeutically improving signs and symptoms.
- Posses the ability to maintain positive working relationships with other QMHP, as well as supervisory staff.
QMHP-A Registration is required prior to employment start date.